Pinterest drops new apps, Surface priced and dated?, finally upgrade your Retina MacBook Pro, Klout revises its algorithm and an Apple Vs Samsung timeline.
- Introducing Pinterest for Android, iPad and iPhone – Pinterest has just made a massive update to their app portfolio. As of yesterday, there are now Pinterest apps for Android phones and tablets, a much improved Pinterest app for iPhone and most importantly a new Pinterest for iPad app. This new rollout of apps shows how Pinterest is responding to their users, it’s a smart move by them and I’m willing to bet that they get even stronger adoption and usage figures than expected.
- Klout Revises Its Algorithm – Klout has announced a major redesign of its algorithm that it uses to calculate social influence. The new update takes a very Google like ‘PageRank’ into account and almost quadruples the amount of so called ‘signals’ that are analysed for each person. Tie will tell whether the new update will more effectively measure influence.
- Microsoft Surface for Windows RT tablet coming October 26th for $199? – According to an ‘insider’ who attended Microsoft’s TechReady15 conference, the Redmond based software giant will be releasing the Windows RT tablet on October 26th for $199. This pricing would make it one of the most compelling offers in the tablet space at the moment and would definitely drive adoption of the new OS.
- OWC launches first MacBook Pro with Retina display SSD update – Other World Computing, the US based company that specialises in SSD upgrades for MacBooks have released their first upgrade specifically for the Retina MacBook Pro. With the proprietary SSD used by both the Retina Pro and the MacBook Air standard SATA drives cannot be used to upgrade storage, OWC manufactures their own drives for the update.
- Apple Vs. Samsung Timeline: The Guide To What’s Happening – If you’ve been struggling to keep up with the back and forth battle between Apple and Samsung then ZDNet has a fantastic timeline for you.